fem plus en klänningar
Last Sunday the bridesmaids dresses that I've been working on finally got worn and I even managed to make a dress for myself to wear to the wedding. I haven't got all the photos yet but I wanted to show some anyway.
This is what the bride wanted me to copy as close as possible, colour and style. It took some time to find the right colour but I started to draw a pattern straight away.
For the first and only fitting as all of the bridesmaids lived far away, I made the dresses slightly bigger in order to make them easier to alter. This dress has not got a zip in and is extremly long since I didn't know what shoes they were going to wear.
This is a close up of the bodices when altered.
Full length photo after the first steam session.
All dresses in bags and on hangers ready to be handed over.
Some photos of the pretty ladies!
I made a dress for myself using some gorgeous silk.I made the top with a knot like this:
3. and a knot on that!
I'm very pleased with my invisible zip as well:
Now you see it,
now you don't!
I made this dress and skirt last summer I think and I was going to sell them but since I wasn't happy with the way that they're made I haven't done much but take these photos. The fabric is a very stiff polyester which I think is why I have a problem with them. The print is so lovely though, we'll see what happens!
It's not too often that I find trousers comfortable or nice on me, but yesterday I found these blue pair with black velvet spots second hand and I actually like them.